Review of Kewl Web2.0 Apps

Its been really some time (about 8 months) since I reviewed Web 2.0 apps.. I have been keeping myself a lot busy with all other activities and now I think its time to revive the thirst for knowing more about web 2.0.. 

To make a come back, I have been browsing through web and looking through some of the 
kewl things that have been making impact.. The one that caught my attention recently was ADOBE AIR runtime. Adobe is now trying to show that it too can be a big Web 2.0 player. Well, they deserve the credit, as the Adobe AIR is one of the coolest APIs that have rocked the web recently.

Some of the coolest AIR Apps that I found on internet and were very useful are as below. But before you try to download and have them installed, you need to install Adobe AIR runtime which is found in - http://www.adobe.com/products/air/

The best part of these utilities are that they are also platform independent and are much more faster than Java. 

1. Webkut:

This site allows you to save the entire or part of a webpage as JPG/PNG/GIF Image or as a PDF. You can also post the images to flicker.

Download this Adobe AIR App at - http://toki-woki.net/p/WebKut/
Rating: 3/5

2. Skimmer

This is another cool AIR app which integrates all key Web 2.0 sites and brings them to single desktop based application. You can check out your blogger sites, youtube videos, Twitter profiles all at the same time on a desktop based app. 


Check out how it looks like:
The only thing I found it was missing is that it doesnt allow Orkut access :( Otherwise one of the most koolest and handy utility that I should have it.



Rating: 3.5/5




There are other applications which are built on mashups around Flicker, Twitter and some on project management utilties. But I guess a lot of innovation is needed on that front to come with some thing which is really useful. I will keep you guys posted on what I get my hands on...

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

0 comments :