Google's Crown in Chrome

Hi All,

For so many days, I was very occupied with lots of stuff on my head. Though I was trying and finding out many things, but wasnt getting much time to put it as a blog. So here we go .. its about Chrome. Google has released its new web browser, which it aims to put it as direct competitor to Internet Explorer. I have been trying this baby out for last 2 days.. and now I think I have some data to blog about this.

Let us Do some Comparison of Chrome with Safari and Internet Explorer.






The above ratings are out of 5, which I can give for each of the browser.

Firefox scores 0.5 lesser than Chrome only for one reason. We still dont have functionality where we can take the tabs to make it a new Window in Firefox. The other way is the download functionality. When you download, the Firefox by default places in Desktop. Though its good, but we hardly clean our desktops and one fine day we find a lot of stuff on our desktop. Chrome solves this problem with a unique way. It will have a download box near the status bar. Once the download is completed, we can either open the download or copy it to a any location we want. By default it stores in My Documents\Downloads folder. Also, We have Incognito Mode, wherein all the sites which we surf, dont appear in History... Apparently, Chrome does everything and does it with Style.

It is not that I have any personal vengeance against Microsoft's IE or Safari.. they are just not IN.. they are neither cool.. neither do they offer much protection against hacks..Safari is the worst Browser I have ever used.. I dont understand how a company like Apple which brought iPhone to market, can make such a horrible Browser.

But on the other hand, I have an interesting thing to note. The below is a glimpse of processes running in my "Windows Task Manager"
























You could see that there are multiple Chrome processes running and the number of tabs that I have opened in Chrome is almost the same. The number of identical Chrome processes running could be same as no of tabs opened in Chrome or a little more than that. In my case, I have one window for Chrome and have opened 4 tabs, while it shows 6 processes.

The interesting part is, if I kill any of the above processes, I see one of the tab going down. I mean the tab doesnt get removed, but I see one screen like this -















I have already reported this issue to Google. Have to get any feedbacks from them. Will wait for their response.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

0 comments :